- George Floyd was an African American man who died at the hands of police
- Police officers tried to arrest him on suspicion of forgery
|How tall was George Floyd?||193 cm / 6 ft 4 in Comment
|When did George Floyd die? / Died||25 May 2020|
|Where was George Floyd born?||United States|
|Where did George Floyd die? / Deathplace ||Minneapolis, US|
Who was George Floyd? / Facts
- A police officer (identified later as Derek Chauvin) kneeled on the back of Floyd's neck for seven minutes, and even though Floyd screamed a few times “Please, I can’t breathe!”, the officer did not react and George Floyd lost consciousness
- He died later, at the hospital
- The other police officers who took part of the arrest were: Tou Thao, Thomas Lane and J. Alexander Kueng
- The four officers involved were fired the next day
- The FBI is conducting a federal civil rights investigation into the incident, at the request of the Minneapolis Police Department, while the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension (BCA) is investigating whether there were possible violations of Minnesota statutes
- Floyd's death has been compared to the 2014 death of Eric Garner, an unarmed black man who repeated "I can't breathe" while being suffocated by arresting officers
- Many Americans demand justice for Floyd, including celebrities such as LeBron James, Meek Mill, Ariana Grande, Snoop Dogg, Justin Bieber, Ice T, Common, Madonna, Missy Elliott, Beyoncé, or Taylor Swift
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Bridget Floyd, Darnella Frazier, Derek Chauvin, Tou Thao, Thomas Lane, J. Alexander Kueng, Gianna Floyd
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
Last update: 20 January 2021
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!