- American actor, filmmaker, and activist
|Real name:||George Timothy Clooney|
|Born:||06 May 1961 Comment |
|How old is George Clooney in 2021? / Age: ||60 years
|Where was George Clooney born?||Lexington, Kentucky, US|
Who is George Clooney? / Facts
- He has received three Golden Globe Awards for his work as an actor and two Academy Awards, one for acting and the other for producing
- Clooney made his acting debut on television in 1978, and later gained wide recognition in his role as Dr
- Doug Ross on the long-running medical drama ER from 1994 to 1999, for which he received two Primetime Emmy Award nominations
- While working on ER, he began attracting a variety of leading roles in films, including the superhero film Batman & Robin (1997) and the crime comedy Out of Sight (1998), in which he first worked with director Steven Soderbergh, who would become a long-time collaborator
- In 1999, he took the lead role in Three Kings, a well-received war satire set during the Gulf War
- In 2001, Clooney's fame widened with the release of his biggest commercial success, the heist comedy remake Ocean's Eleven, the first of what became a trilogy starring Clooney
- He made his directorial debut a year later with the biographical spy comedy Confessions of a Dangerous Mind, and has since directed the historical drama Good Night, and Good Luck (2005), the sports comedy Leatherheads (2008), the political drama The Ides of March (2011), and the war film The Monuments Men (2014)
- Clooney won an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for the Middle East thriller Syriana (2005), and subsequently earned Best Actor nominations for the legal thriller Michael Clayton (2007) and the comedy-dramas Up in the Air (2009) and The Descendants (2011)
- In 2013, he received the Academy Award for Best Picture for producing the political thriller Argo
- He is the only person who has been nominated for Academy Awards in six different categories
- In 2009, Clooney was included in Time's annual Time 100 as one of the "Most Influential People in the World"
- He is also noted for his political activism, and has served as one of the United Nations Messengers of Peace since January 31, 2008
- His humanitarian work includes his advocacy of finding a resolution for the Darfur conflict, raising funds for the 2010 Haiti earthquake, Armenian Genocide recognition, 2004 Tsunami, and 9/11 victims, and creating documentaries such as Sand and Sorrow to raise awareness about international crises
- He is also a member of the Council on Foreign Relations
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
Last update: 19 January 2017
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!