- A forge is a type of hearth used for heating metals, or the workplace where such a hearth is located
- The forge is used by the smith to heat a piece of metal to a temperature where it becomes easier to shape by forging, or to the point where work hardening no longer occurs
- The metal (known as the "workpiece") is transported to and from the forge using tongs, which are also used to hold the workpiece on the smithy's anvil while the smith works it with a hammer
- Sometimes such as when hardening steel or cooling the work so that it may be handled with bare hands; the workpiece is transported to the slack tub, which rapidly cools the workpiece in a large body of water
- The slack tub also provides water to control the fire in the forge
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Other celebrities: Etna, Autoimmune Protocol Diet, Omron, Urban Ladder, Artemide, Covance, KLAM, Bombay Company, Lohmann & Rauscher, Celesio