- Fartlek, which means "speed play" in Swedish, is a training method that blends continuous training with interval training
- Fartlek runs are a very simple form of a long distance run
- Fartlek training “is simply defined as periods of fast running intermixed with periods of slower running
- " For some people, this could be a mix of jogging and sprinting, but for beginners it could be walking with jogging sections added in when possible
- A simple example of what a runner would do during a fartlek run is “sprint all out from one light pole to the next, jog to the corner, give a medium effort for a couple of blocks, jog between four light poles and sprint to a stop sign, and so on, for a set total time or distance
- " The variable intensity and continuous nature of the exercise places stress on both the aerobic and anaerobic systems
- It differs from traditional interval training in that it is unstructured; intensity and/or speed varies, as the athlete wishes
- Fartlek training is generally associated with running, but can include almost any kind of exercise
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Other celebrities: Thee Oh Sees, The Vaccines, Chromeo, ChocQuibTown, Anthrax, Mindless Self Indulgence, The Bloody Beetroots, In Flames, Jeremy Camp, Brand New
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!