- Fairmont Singapore, formerly Raffles The Plaza is the sister hotel of Swissôtel The Stamford located within the Raffles City complex in Singapore
Fairmont Singapore facts
- It has a total of 769 rooms and suites housed within two 26-storey towers
- Opened as The Westin Plaza in 1986, the hotel was refurbished together with Swissôtel The Stamford, formerly known as the Westin Stamford, and was renamed Raffles The Plaza on January 1, 2002 and Fairmont Singapore on December 12, 2007 with a change in branding
- Both hotels are currently managed by Fairmont Raffles Hotels International
- Fairmont Singapore currently houses one of Asia's largest spa - Willow Stream, formerly RafflesAmrita Spa, and shares all sports and recreation facilities with Swissôtel The Stamford
- The hotel is connected to Swissôtel The Stamford, Raffles City, City Hall MRT Station, and CityLink Mall
- In 2005, the 117th IOC Session was held in the Raffles City Convention Centre, located in Raffles City
- Most IOC members stayed in this hotel, as did several well-known figures who came to the city to support their cities' bids
- In 2006, the hotel's service area in basement one became an expanded retail area of Raffles City with 50 new shops
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!