- FAO Schwarz, founded in 1862, was once the oldest toy store in the United States
FAO Schwarz facts
- The company is known for its unique high-end toys, life-sized st￭ animals, dolls, and games
- The FAO Schwarz flagship store on Fifth Avenue in New York City was a popular tourist destination, and has gained iconic status for its floor piano and cameos in major motion pictures
- The store closed in July 2015 after parent company Toys "R" Us announced it was giving up the lease nearly two years early to save money
- The FAO Schwarz brand is currently the property of the descendants of the founder through the FAO Schwarz Family Foundation but is now exclusively operated by Toys "R" Us
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!