- Arnold Eric Sevareid was a CBS news journalist from 1939 to 1977
|Born:||26 November 1912 Comment |
|When did Eric Sevareid die? / Died||09 July 1992|
|How many years did Eric Sevareid live? / Lived||79 years|
Eric Sevareid facts
- He was one of a group of elite war correspondents hired by pioneering CBS newsman Edward R
- Murrow, and thus d믭 "Murrow's Boys"
- He was the first to report the fall of Paris when it was captured by the Germans during World War II
- Traveling into Burma during World War II, his aircraft was shot down and he was rescued from behind enemy lines by a search and rescue team established for that purpose
- He was the final journalist to interview Adlai Stevenson before his death
- After a long and distinguished career, he followed in Murrow's footsteps as a commentator on the CBS Evening News for 12 years for which he was recognized with Emmy and Peabody Awards
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!