- Spanish Musician - singer, songwriter, actor and record producer
||Enrique Miguel Iglesias Preysler
|How tall is Enrique Iglesias?
||187 cm / 6 ft 2 in
|| 84 kg / 185 lbs
|When was Enrique Iglesias born?
||08 May 1975
|How old is Enrique Iglesias in 2019?
|Where was Enrique Iglesias born?
||Super Nova, Quique, E, EI, The King of Latin Pop, Kike, The King of Dance
Net worth 2018 (estimated)
|How much does Enrique Iglesias worth?
Who is Enrique Iglesias? / Facts
- Enrique's debut album (Enrique Iglesias - 1995 ) was certified as Platinum in the US and 3 times Platinum in Spain. It was no. 1 in the US Billboard Top Latin Albums
- He debuted on TV movies in "Marisol" in 1996 (romantic drama)
- He is also an actor - he debuted on big the screen in Once Upon a Time in Mexico in 2003 (he played Lorenzo's role)
- Enrique lived in Belgrade, Serbia for a year, with his mother
- He wanted to become famous on his own, without his father's help, so Enrique recorded 3 demo songs under the name “Enrique Martínez” and he sent them to a record label, that accepted him
- He is widely regarded as the King of Latin Pop
- Iglesias started his career in the mid-1990s on an American Spanish-language record label Fonovisa Records under the name Enrique Martinez, before switching to the stage name Enrique Iglesias and becoming one of the biggest stars in Latin America and the Hispanic market in the United States
- By the turn of the millennium, he had made a successful crossover into the mainstream market and signed a multi-album deal with Universal Music Group for US $68 million with Universal Music Latino to release his Spanish albums and Interscope Records to release English albums
- In 2010, he parted with Interscope Records and signed with another Universal Music Group label Republic Records to release bilingual albums
- In 2015, Iglesias parted ways with Universal Music Group after a decade
- He signed with Sony Music; his upcoming albums will be by Sony Music Latin in Spanish and RCA Records in English
- Iglesias has sold over 159 million records worldwide, making him one of the best-selling Spanish artists ever
- Iglesias has scored over 150 number-one hits across all of the Billboard charts
- He has had five Billboard Hot 100 top five singles, including two number-ones, and holds the record for producing 27 number-one Spanish-language singles on the Billboard's Hot Latin Tracks
- He also holds the record for most number-one hits and the longest-running number-one hit on that chart
- Iglesias also has 14 number-ones on Billboard's Dance charts, more than any other male artist
- Gulliver Preparatory School - Miami, Florida
- He dropped out of school for music, of course
- The one thing I've learned in the last ten years is that successful artists don't get paid to write and sing songs, they get paid for the psychological roller coaster they're going to have to ride. That's the hard work.
- Love is one of my main inspirations
- If they would have told me when I was just 18 that I was going to have a career that would last so long, I'd have said it was impossible, that it was crazy that that could happen in my life, so I'm happy to be here. To be able to go out on stage every day
- My best personality trait that I think I'm very approachable. And my worst is that I can be moody.
- I'm a good person, but with many defects
- My inspiration are the woman, friendship, and loneliness
- There are days that I wake up and I complain, and when I complain I pinch myself and say, 'that's for complaining.' Not many people can do what they really like in life
- I don't like being lied to, so I only lie about the stupid things. White lies, basically
- I wouldn't change anything. I've made mistakes, but thanks to those mistakes, I've learned.
- Being anxious is the worst feeling in the world