- Dame Elizabeth Rosemond Taylor, DBE was a British-American actress, businesswoman and humanitarian
|Born:||27 February 1932 Comment |
|When did Elizabeth Taylor die? / Died||23 March 2011|
|How many years did Elizabeth Taylor live? / Lived||79 years|
Elizabeth Taylor Net worth 2022 (estimated)
|How much is Elizabeth Taylor worth?||Not disclosed yet. Comment|
Elizabeth Taylor facts
- She began as a child actress in the early 1940s, and was one of the most popular stars of classical Hollywood cinema in the 1950s
- She continued her career successfully into the 1960s, and remained a well known public figure for the rest of her life
- The American Film Institute named her the seventh greatest female screen legend in 1999
- Born in London to wealthy, socially prominent American parents, Taylor moved with her family to Los Angeles in 1939, and she soon was given a film contract by Universal Pictures
- Her screen debut was in a minor role in There's One Born Every Minute (1942), but Universal terminated her contract after a year
- Taylor was then signed by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, and had her breakthrough role in National Velvet (1944), becoming one of the studio's most popular teenage stars
- She made the transition to adult roles in the early 1950s, when she starred in the comedy Father of the Bride (1950) and received critical acclaim for her performance in the tragic drama A Place in the Sun (1951)
- Despite being one of MGM's most bankable stars, Taylor wished to end her career in the early 1950s, as she resented the studio's control and disliked many of the films she was assigned to
- She began receiving better roles in the mid-1950s, beginning with the epic drama Giant (1956), and starred in several critically and commercially successful films in the following years
- These included two film adaptations of plays by Tennessee Williams, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (1958) and Suddenly, Last Summer (1959); Taylor won a Golden Globe for Best Actress for the latter
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
What users say about Elizabeth Taylor
- Anonymous user: An actress so great as will never be again (January 28, 2021)
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!