- Elizabeth Helen Blackburn, AC, FRS, FAA, FRSN is an Australian-American Nobel laureate who is currently the President of the Salk Institute for Biological Studies
|Born:||26 November 1948 Comment |
|How old is Elizabeth Blackburn in 2022? / Age: ||73 years
Elizabeth Blackburn Net worth 2022 (estimated)
|How much is Elizabeth Blackburn worth?||Not disclosed yet. Comment|
Elizabeth Blackburn facts
- Previously she was a biological researcher at the University of California, San Francisco, who studied the telomere, a structure at the end of chromosomes that protects the chromosome
- Blackburn co-discovered telomerase, the enzyme that replenishes the telomere
- For this work, she was awarded the 2009 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine, sharing it with Carol W
- Greider and Jack W
- Szostak, becoming the only Tasmanian-born Nobel laureate
- She also worked in medical ethics, and was controversially dismissed from the Bush Administration's President's Council on Bioethics
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!