- du Pont de Nemours and Company, commonly referred to as DuPont, is an American conglomerate that was founded in July 1802 as a gunpowder mill by French Éleuthère Irénée du Pont
- In the 20th century, DuPont developed many polymers such as Vespel, neoprene, nylon, Corian, Teflon, Mylar, Kevlar, Zemdrain, M5 fiber, Nomex, Tyvek, Sorona, Corfam, and Lycra
- DuPont developed Freon (chlorofluorocarbons) for the refrigerant industry, and later more environmentally friendly refrigerants
- It also developed synthetic pigments and paints including ChromaFlair
- In 2014, DuPont was the world's fourth largest chemical company based on market capitalization and eighth based on revenue
- Its stock price is a component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Other celebrities: Honest Tea, Nando's, Star, Lion, Tymbark, Hardee's, QuikTrip, Mostaza, Dos Pinos, Sun Drop