Demand Media facts
- is an American content company that operates online brands including eHow, LIVESTRONG
- COM and marketplace brands Saatchi Art and Society6
- Demand Media's business model is controversial because its "content farms" have been accused of polluting search engine results with spam
- The company also provides social media platforms to existing large company websites and distributes content bundled with social media tools to outlets around the web
- Demand Media was created in 2006 by a former private equity investor, Shawn Colo, and the former chairman of MySpace, Richard Rosenblatt
- The company employs an algorithm that identifies topics with high advertising potential, based on search engine query data and bids on advertising auctions
- These topics are typically in the advice and how-to field
- It then commissions freelancers to produce corresponding text or video content
- The content is posted on a variety of sites, including YouTube and the company's own sites such as eHow, Airliners
- et, and LIVESTRONG
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Other celebrities: Alpro, Jones Soda, Parmalat, Antarctica, New World, Sun Drop, Breyers, Light & Fit, Newcastle Brown Ale, Tiger
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!