- Deafheaven is an American metal band formed in 2010
- Originally based in San Francisco, the group began as a two-piece with singer George Clarke and guitarist Kerry McCoy, who recorded and self-released a demo album together
- Following its release, Deafheaven recruited three new members and began to tour
- Before the end of 2010, the band signed to Deathwish Inc
- and later released their debut album Roads to Judah, in April 2011
- A follow-up album, Sunbather, was released in 2013 to wide critical acclaim, becoming one of the most praised albums of the year in the United States
- In 2015 the band released their third album, New Bermuda
- Deafheaven's musical style has been described by Rolling Stone as a "boundary-pushing blend of black metal, shoegaze and post-rock"
- McCoy has cited various other influences on the band's sound, including alternative rock and early thrash metal, and said they do not consider themselves a black metal band, as although influenced by the genre, they do not have "the ethos, the aesthetic or really the sound of one"
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.