- Darryl Eugene Strawberry, Sr
|Born:||12 March 1962 Comment |
|How old is Darryl Strawberry in 2021? / Age: ||59 years
Darryl Strawberry facts
- (born March 12, 1962) is an American former Major League Baseball right fielder and an ordained Christian minister and author
- Strawberry is well known for his career in baseball and his controversial personal life
- Throughout the 1980s and early 1990s, Strawberry was one of the most feared sluggers in the game, known for his prodigious home runs and his intimidating presence in the batter's box with his 6-foot-6 frame and his long, looping swing that elicited comparisons to Ted Williams
- During his 17-year career, he helped lead the New York Mets to a World Series championship in 1986 and the New York Yankees to three World Series championships in 1996, 1998 and 1999
- He was also suspended three times by Major League Baseball for substance abuse, leading to many narratives about his massive potential going unfulfilled
- A popular player during his career, Strawberry was voted to the All-Star Game eight straight times from 1984–1991
- Strawberry was formerly an analyst for SportsNet New York
- His memoir, Straw: Finding My Way, was written in collaboration with author John Strausbaugh, was published on April 28, 2009 by Ecco Press, an imprint of HarperCollins publishers
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!