Darren Criss is an American actor, singer-songwriter, instrumentalist and composer
He is also a founding member and co-owner of StarKid Productions
Darren is best known for his role in Glee as Kirk Hummel’s boyfriend
|Real name:||Darren Everett Criss|
|How tall is Darren Criss?||173 cm / 5 ft 9 in|
|Weight|| 73 kg / 161 lbs||Born:||05 February 1987 |
|How old is Darren Criss in 2020? / Age: ||33 years|
|Where was Darren Criss born?||San Francisco, California, US|
Net worth 2020 (estimated)
|How much is Darren Criss worth?||$3,500,000|
Who is Darren Criss? / Facts
Family - Darren was born in San Francisco, California, the youngest child of Cerina and Charles William Criss, an investment banker and a patron of the arts.
He has an older brother, Charles "Chuck" Criss, who is a member of the band Freelance Whales.
Darren is Eurasian – his mother, a native of Cebu, Philippines, is of Chinese, Filipino and Spanish descent while his father, a native of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, is of English, German, and Irish descent.
Early life and education - Darren was raised primarily in San Francisco, apart from 1988–92, when the family resided in Honolulu, Hawaii, where his father, Charles started EastWest Bank, serving as chairman and CEO.
Darren attended Roman Catholic schools.
He completed his elementary education at Stuart Hall for Boys, and later graduated from Saint Ignatius College Preparatory in 2005.
In 2009, Darren obtained his Bachelor of Fine Arts from the University of Michigan, majoring in Theater Performance and minoring in Musicology and Italian.
Rise to fame - after his role in the TV series Glee (2010–15).
Awards - He got the Emmy and Golden Globe awards for his leading role in The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story (2018) as killer Andrew Cunanan.
He has also appeared on Broadway and in film.
Musician - Darren released several recordings as a solo artist and in a band.
He performs the vocals, and plays on such instruments as piano, guitar, drums, violin, mandolin, and harmonica.
- Businessman - He is a founding member and co-owner of StarKid Productions, a musical theater company based in Chicago
- Criss first garnered attention playing the lead role of Harry Potter in, and writing most of the music and lyrics for, StarKid's musical production of A Very Potter Musical.
The theater troupe made Billboard history when their original album, Me and My Dick, became the first charting student-produced musical recording, debuting at number eleven on the Top Cast Albums chart in 2010.
- Criss has also starred on Broadway in How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying and Hedwig and the Angry Inch.
In 2015, Criss co-founded Elsie Fest, which is touted as "New York City's first outdoor music festival celebrating tunes from the stage and screen".
- In March 2017, Criss debuted his indie pop band Computer Games along with his brother Chuck Criss.
- Their first album, Lost Boys Life EP features 4 songs written by the duo.
- The lead single "Every Single Night" debuted at #2 on Billboard's "Hot Singles".
- In December 2017, Criss released a 5-track solo EP titled Homework.
- The EP debuted #1 on Billboard's Heatseekers Chart and #7 on Billboard's Independent Albums Chart.
- In addition to his music endeavors, Criss starred in the second installment of Ryan Murphy's American Crime Story.
- Subtitled The Assassination of Gianni Versace (2018), Criss's portrayal of spree killer Andrew Cunanan received acclaim from critics, and earned him an Emmy win for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Limited Series or Movie and a Golden Globe Award for Best Actor - Miniseries, or Television Film.
- Criss became the first Asian American actor to win an Emmy for acting.
- Personal life - In January 2018, Criss announced he was engaged to Mia Swier, his girlfriend of seven and a half years.
They married on February 16, 2019.
- Social media stats as of May 2020:
- 1.1M likes on Facebook
- 2.9M followers on Instagram
- 219K subscribers on YouTube
- 1.9M followers on Twitter
- Stuart Hall for Boys Catholic high school, San Francisco, California, U.S.A.
- Saint Ignatius College Preparatory, San Francisco, California, U.S.A.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, U.S.A.
That which makes you different is what makes you strong. Whether you're gay, straight, purple, orange, dinosaur, I don't care.
There's not a damn thing that I do on my own that's not for my fans or for people that have supported me. So, I don't really care about my agenda, I wanna be on yours.
There's nothing more badass than being yourself.
Darren Criss Social Media Accounts
Cerina Bru, Charles William Criss,
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
Last update: 07 May 2020
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!