- Conor Burns is a British Conservative Party politician and former public relations executive
- Member of Parliament (MP) for Bournemouth West since 2010
|Born:||24 September 1972 |
|How old is Conor Burns in 2020? / Age: ||47 years|
|Where was Conor Burns born?||Belfast, Northern Ireland, U.K.|
|Residence:||Westbourne, Dorset, England|
|Hair color:||Light brown|
Who is Conor Burns? / Facts
Early life and education - Burns was born on 24 September 1972 in Belfast before moving with his family to Hertfordshire in 1980.
He was privately educated at St Columba's College, St Albans and read Modern History and Politics at the University of Southampton.
At Southampton he was chairman of the University's Conservative Association in 1992–93, and Chairman of Wessex Area Conservatives in 1993–94.
First jobs - He held a number of jobs in the communications and finance sectors, most recently as an associate director of the public affairs company PLMR.
Prior to that he was Director of the Policy Research Centre for Business Ltd; Company Secretary for DeHavilland Global Knowledge Distribution plc, and Manager for Zurich Advice Network.
Political career - Burns was Parliamentary Private Secretary (PPS) to Secretary of State for Northern Ireland between 2010 and 2012, before resigning from the Government due to his opposition to the House of Lords Reform Bill 2012.
He served as Parliamentary Private Secretary to the Foreign Secretary until his resignation on 9 July 2018, following the resignation of his senior colleague Boris Johnson.
Following Johnson's appointment as Prime Minister, Burns served as Minister of State for Trade at the Department for International Trade until his resignation on May 4, 2020.
- Legal issues - He has resigned from Her Majesty’s Government three times, the latest being from his position as Minister of State for Trade Policy in 2020, after a Standards Committee inquiry found he had made "veiled threats" to use privilege to "further his family's interests" during a financial dispute involving his father.
- Political views - Burns is an Eurosceptic.
- Personal life - Burns is openly gay and stated he needed "cast iron guarantees" that religious organisations will not be forced into conducting same-sex marriages before he voted for the Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Act 2013.
Burns voted in favour of the bill at its second reading, but did not vote at its third and final reading.
- Religion - A practising Roman Catholic, he has said he feels unable to take communion since Bishop Philip Egan, of the diocese in which Burns resides, stated that those politicians who voted for same-sex marriage, even with the caveats upon which Burns had insisted (i.e. "guarantees that ... churches would not ultimately be forced under human rights legislation to conduct such ceremonies"), should refrain from taking the sacrament.
- Social media stats as of May 2020:
- 22.1K followers on Twitter
Conor Burns Social Media Accounts
Other celebrities: Freedom of the press, Infineon Technologies, Hudson Silva, Presentation, Dialog Semiconductor, Health & Beauty Tips, Jesus Christ Superstar, Langenscheidt, Persona, Maxim Recruitment, Jamaica Blue, Meica, H&M MÃ©xico, Dog & Pineapple, The Missing Links, ProRail, Petrol Ofisi, Rocket, Tea culture, Sky Deutschland
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
Last update: 07 May 2020
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!