- He was an American film actor
|Real name:||William Clark Gable|
Clark Gable Height
|How tall was Clark Gable?||185 cm / 6 ft 1 in|
|Born:||01 February 1901 Comment |
|When did Clark Gable die? / Died||16 November 1960|
|How many years did Clark Gable live? / Lived||59 years|
|Where was Clark Gable born?||Cadiz, Ohio, United States|
|Where did Clark Gable die? / Deathplace ||Los Angeles, California, US|
|Nicknames:||The King of Hollywood, The King, Pa, Gabe|
Clark Gable Net worth 2021 (estimated)
|How much is Clark Gable worth?||$100,000,000
Who was Clark Gable? / Facts
- Career debut - as a stage actor and appeared as an extra in silent films between 1924 and 1926, and progressed to supporting roles with a few films for MGM in 1931
- The next year, he landed his first leading Hollywood role and became a leading man in more than 60 motion pictures over the next three decades
- Awarded - He won an Academy Award for Best Actor for It Happened One Night (1934), and was nominated for leading roles in Mutiny on the Bounty (1935) and for his arguably best-known role as Rhett Butler in the epic Gone with the Wind (1939). He was named the seventh-greatest male star of classic American cinema by the American Film Institute
- Gable also found success commercially and critically with films such as Red Dust (1932), Manhattan Melodrama (1934), San Francisco (1936), Saratoga (1937) Boom Town (1940), The Hucksters (1947), Homecoming (1948), and The Misfits (1961), which was his final screen appearance
- He also starred with Lana Turner in four features, and with Norma Shearer and Ava Gardner in three each
- Gable's final film, The Misfits (1961), united him with Marilyn Monroe (also in her last screen appearance)
- Considered one of the most consistent box-office performers in history, appearing on Quigley Publishing's annual Top Ten Money Making Stars Poll 16 times
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
The only reason they come to see me is that I know that life is great - and they know I know it
Every picture I make, every experience of my private life, every lesson I learn are the keys to my future. And I have faith in it.
Types really don't matter. I have been accused of preferring blondes. But I have known some mighty attractive redheads, brunettes, and yes, women with grey hair. Age, height, weight haven't anything to do with glamour.
When I die, don't let them make a circus out of it.
I was scared, when I discovered that I had been cast by the public. I felt that every reader would have a different idea as to how Rhett should be played on the screen, and I didn't see how I could please everybody.
Clark Gable Social Media Accounts
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
Last update: 23 February 2019
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!