- Catherine Zeta-Jones is a Welsh actress
- Born and raised in Swansea, Zeta-Jones aspired to a theatrical career from an early age
|Born:||25 September 1969 Comment |
|How old is Catherine Zeta-Jones in 2021? / Age: ||51 years
Who is Catherine Zeta-Jones? / Facts
- In her early teens, she played roles in the West End productions of the musicals Annie and Bugsy Malone
- She studied musical theatre at the Arts Educational Schools, London, and made her adult stage breakthrough with a leading role in a 1987 production of 42nd Street
- Her screen debut came in the French-Italian film 1001 Nights (1990), and she found success as a regular in the British television series The Darling Buds of May (1991–93)
- Tired of being typecast as the token pretty girl in British films, Zeta-Jones relocated to Los Angeles
- Zeta-Jones established herself in Hollywood with roles in the action film The Mask of Zorro (1998) and the heist film Entrapment (1999)
- Critics praised her portrayal of a vengeful pregnant woman in Traffic (2000) and a murderous singer in the musical film Chicago (2002)
- The latter won her Academy and BAFTA Awards for Best Supporting Actress, among other accolades
- She starred in high-profile films for much of the decade, including the black comedy Intolerable Cruelty (2003), the heist film Ocean's Twelve (2004), the comedy The Terminal (2004), and the romantic comedy No Reservations (2007)
- Parts in smaller-scale features were followed by a decrease in workload, during which she returned to the stage and portrayed an ageing actress in A Little Night Music (2009), winning a Tony Award
- Zeta-Jones continued to work intermittently in the 2010s, starring in the psychological thriller Side Effects (2013) and the action film Red 2 (2013)
- Zeta-Jones has received an Academy Award, a British Academy Film Award and a Tony Award, and in 2010 she was appointed Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) for her film and humanitarian endeavours
- She supports various charities and causes, and is a prominent celebrity endorser of brands
- Her struggle with depression and bipolar II disorder has been well-documented by the media
- She is married to the actor Michael Douglas with whom she has two children
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
Last update: 16 October 2020
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!