- Catherine Deneuve is a French actress as well as occasional singer, model and producer
- She gained recognition for her portrayal of aloof, mysterious beauties for various directors, including Luis Buñuel and Roman Polanski
|Born:||22 October 1943 Comment |
|How old is Catherine Deneuve in 2021? / Age: ||78 years
Who is Catherine Deneuve? / Facts
- In 1985, she succeeded Mireille Mathieu as the official face of Marianne, France's national symbol of liberty
- A 14-time César Award nominee, she won for her performances in François Truffaut's The Last Metro (1980) and Régis Wargnier's Indochine (1992)
- She is also noted for her support for a variety of liberal causes
- Deneuve made her film debut in 1957 and first came to prominence in Jacques Demy's 1964 musical The Umbrellas of Cherbourg, before going on to star for Polanski in Repulsion (1965) and for Buñuel in Belle de Jour (1967) and Tristana (1970)
- She was nominated for the BAFTA Award for Best Actress for Belle de Jour, and the Academy Award for Best Actress for Indochine
- She also won the 1998 Volpi Cup for Best Actress at the Venice Film Festival for Place Vendôme
- Other films include Scene of the Crime (1986), My Favourite Season (1993), 8 Women (2002), and Potiche (2010)
- Her English-language films include The April Fools (1969), Hustle (1975), The Hunger (1983) and Dancer in the Dark (2000)
- In 2015, she starred in The Brand New Testament and Standing Tall
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Catherine Deneuve Social Media Accounts
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
Last update: 08 August 2020
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!