- Clarence and Carl Aguirre are former conjoined twins born in Silay City, Philippines
|Born:||21 April 2002 Comment |
|How old is Carl and Clarence Aguirre in 2021? / Age: ||19 years
Carl and Clarence Aguirre facts
- They were conjoined at the top of the head (vertical craniopagus)
- In 2003 they were brought to the United States by their mother Arlene in the hope of having them surgically separated
- A revolutionary new process was used in separating the twin boys
- Because "marathon" surgical operations have historically led to a high rate of mortality and morbidity, Clarence and Carl's doctors chose to separate them in several smaller operations, allowing the twins to recuperate after each surgery
- In October 2003, tissue expanders (pouches filled with saline) were implanted under the boys' scalps
- This is common practice in separating conjoined twins, as it creates more skin that can be used to cover the twins' wounds after separation
- Over the next ten months, the brothers underwent several more surgeries to tease apart their joined skulls and brains
- On August 4, 2004, the final surgery was completed
- All of these surgeries were performed at Montefiore Medical Center in the Bronx, New York by a team led by Dr
- James T
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!