- Capitol Records, LLC (also referred to simply as Capitol and Hollywood and Vine) is an American record label part of the Capitol Music Group and a wholly owned division of Universal Music Group (UMG)
What is Capitol Records? / Facts
- The label was founded as the first West Coast-based record label in the United States in 1942 by three industry insiders, Johnny Mercer, Buddy DeSylva and Glenn Wallichs
- In 1955, the label was acquired by the British music conglomerate EMI as its North American subsidiary
- EMI was later acquired by Universal Music Group in 2012, and was merged with the company in 2013, making Capitol Records and the Capitol Music Group both a part of the Universal Music Group
- Capitol Records' circular Los Angeles headquarter building (the Capitol Records Building) is a recognized landmark of California
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.