- Britten Sinfonia is a chamber orchestra ensemble based in Cambridge, UK
Britten Sinfonia facts
- It was created in 1992, following an initiative from Eastern Arts and a number of key figures including Nicholas Cleobury, who recognised the need for an orchestra in the East of England
- It is a flexible ensemble composed of chamber musicians in Europe
- The players are freelance musicians who are employed on a project-by-project basis and the ensemble performs around 70 concerts per year and works with hundreds of people in the communities where the orchestra is resident
- It is a not-for-profit organisation, and a registered charity
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.