- Boris Vasilievich Spassky is a Russian chess grandmaster
|Born:||30 January 1937 Comment |
|How old is Boris Spassky in 2022? / Age: ||84 years
Boris Spassky Net worth 2022 (estimated)
|How much is Boris Spassky worth?||Not disclosed yet. Comment|
Boris Spassky facts
- He was the tenth World Chess Champion, holding the title from 1969 to 1972
- He is the oldest surviving former world champion
- Spassky won the Soviet Chess Championship twice outright (1961, 1973), and twice lost in playoffs (1956, 1963), after tying for first place during the event proper
- He was a World Chess Championship candidate on seven occasions (1956, 1965, 1968, 1974, 1977, 1980, and 1985)
- Spassky defeated Tigran Petrosian in 1969 to become World Champion, then lost the title in the Fischer–Spassky match in 1972
- He lost in the semi-final of the 1974 Candidates Tournament to Anatoly Karpov
- He emigrated to France in 1976, becoming a French citizen in 1978
- He continued to compete in tournaments but was no longer a major contender for the world title
- In 2012 he left France and returned to Russia
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!