- The Bologna Children's Book Fair or La fiera del libro per ragazzi is the leading professional fair for children's books in the world
Bologna Children's Book Fair facts
- Since 1963, it is held yearly for four days in March or April in Bologna, Italy
- It is the meeting place for all professionals involved with creating and publishing children's books, and is mainly used for the buying and selling of rights, both for translations and for derived products like movies or animated series
- It is also the event where a number of major awards are given, the BolognaRagazzi Awards, in four categories (Fiction, Non-fiction, New Horizons (for the non-Western world) and Opera Prima (for first works)
- During the fair, but separate from it, some major awards are announced, including the biannual Hans Christian Andersen Awards and the Astrid Lindgren Memorial Award
- In 2009, the fair had 1300 exhibitors, coming from 67 countries
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!