- Bo Derek is an American film and television actress, film producer, and model
- Find more facts about her below
|Real name:||Mary Cathleen Collins|
Bo Derek Height
|How tall is Bo Derek?||162 cm / 5 ft 4 in|
|Weight|| 57 kg / 126 lbs Comment
|Born:||20 November 1956 Comment |
|How old is Bo Derek in 2021? / Age: ||64 years
|Where was Bo Derek born?||Long Beach, California, U.S.A.|
|Residence:||Santa Barbara, California, U.S.A.|
Bo Derek Net worth 2021 (estimated)
|How much is Bo Derek worth?||$50,000,000
Who is Bo Derek? / Facts
- Early life and family - Derek was born in Long Beach, California.
Her father, Paul Collins, was a Hobie Cat executive, and her mother, Norma (née White), was a make-up artist and hairdresser to Ann-Margret.
Collins' parents divorced, and her mother married American stunt performer Bobby Bass.
- Education - Collins attended Narbonne High School and George S. Patton Continuation School, both in Harbor City, California.
- Personal life - While attending Narbonne High School in Los Angeles at age 16 in 1973, Collins became sexually involved with John Derek, a married man 30 years her senior.
Not long after the two started dating, Derek divorced his wife, actress Linda Evans.
The couple moved to Germany, where John Derek would not be subject to prosecution under California statutory rape laws, because Collins was under the age of consent.
John and Bo returned to the United States soon after Bo's 18th birthday.
Collins and John Derek married on June 10, 1976; she was 19 and he 49.
They remained so until his death from heart failure in 1998.
Since 2002, she has been in a relationship with actor John Corbett and they live on a ranch in Santa Barbara, California.
- Best known - for her breakthrough film role in the sex comedy 10 (1979).
- Career - She was directed by husband John Derek in Fantasies, Tarzan, the Ape Man (both 1981), Bolero (1984) and Ghosts Can't Do It (1989), all of which received negative reviews.
Now in semi-retirement, she makes occasional film, television, and documentary appearances.
- Activism - A horse lover and riding enthusiast since childhood, Derek owns Andalusian horses and is a spokesperson for the Animal Welfare Institute's campaign to end horse slaughter through passage of federal and state legislation.
Derek is a national honorary chairperson for Veterans Affairs' National Rehabilitation Special Events.
Derek has been active for 18 years WildAid to protect sharks and dissuade people from purchasing wildlife products.
- Awards - In 1980 she was nominated for Golden Globe Award for New Star of the Year in a Motion Picture – Female in 10
- Social media stats as of August 2020:
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
- Narbonne High School
- George S. Patton Continuation School
10 (1979) was amazing! I had no career before "10" and then all of a sudden I was able to do pretty much whatever I was able to do in the business.
I grew up on the beaches of Southern California surfing and sailing and I've always loved horses so it was part of my dream that I was able to fulfill to have horses.
I found my love when I was 17 years old and my love is 100% honest. We've never had any ugly, rocky things to overcome.
Whoever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to go shopping.
Bo Derek Social Media Accounts
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
Last update: 17 August 2020
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!