- Billy Wilder was an Austrian-born American filmmaker, screenwriter, producer, artist and journalist, whose career spanned more than fifty years and sixty films
|Born:||22 June 1906 Comment |
|When did Billy Wilder die? / Died||27 March 2002|
|How many years did Billy Wilder live? / Lived||95 years|
Billy Wilder Net worth 2022 (estimated)
|How much is Billy Wilder worth?||Not disclosed yet. Comment|
Billy Wilder facts
- He is regarded as one of the most brilliant and versatile filmmakers of Hollywood's golden age
- With The Apartment, Wilder became the first person to win Academy Awards as producer, director and screenwriter for the same film
- Wilder became a screenwriter in the late 1920s while living in Berlin
- After the rise of the Nazi Party, Wilder, who was Jewish, left for Paris, where he made his directorial debut
- He moved to Hollywood in 1933, and in 1939 he had a hit when he co-wrote the screenplay for the screwball comedy Ninotchka
- Wilder established his directorial reputation with Double Indemnity (1944), a film noir he co-wrote with crime novelist Raymond Chandler
- Wilder earned the Best Director and Best Screenplay Academy Awards for the adaptation of a Charles R
- Jackson story The Lost Weekend (1945), about alcoholism
- In 1950, Wilder co-wrote and directed the critically acclaimed Sunset Boulevard
- From the mid-1950s on, Wilder made mostly comedies
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!