- BBC Store is a Video on Demand store that launched in the UK in November 2015 and opens the BBC Archive to consumers, allowing them to buy episodes or series of a show and download them
BBC Store facts
- BBC Store has been approved by the BBC Trust in 2014
- It is initially hosted on a dedicated website, but will later be integrated with BBC iPlayer
- The service offers around 6,000 hours of recent programmes and 4,000 hours of archive content; 3,000 hours will be of older titles that are currently available commercially
- The last 1,000 hours will be editorially selected
- The Executive hopes each year to release a further 500-1000 hours of archive programmes
- BBC Store is provided and funded through BBC Worldwide, a commercial subsidiary of the BBC
- Certain programmes will be available to buy straight after broadcast
- The store will not affect BBC iPlayer's 30-day catch-up service and the iPlayer will remain free for licence payers
- Both Store and iPlayer are available to UK residents only
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Other celebrities: Capri, Vitabiotics, Farmec, ModelCo, Joy, Proxim, Yardley of London, Scotties, Doppelherz, Aquafresh
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!