- Arvind Kejriwal is an Indian politician who is the Chief Minister of Delhi since February 2015
- He previously served as Chief Minister from December 2013 to February 2014, stepping down after 49 days
|Born:||16 August 1968 Comment |
|How old is Arvind Kejriwal in 2021? / Age: ||53 years
|Where was Arvind Kejriwal born?||Siwani, India|
Who is Arvind Kejriwal? / Facts
- He is the national convener of the Aam Aadmi Party
- His party won the 2015 Delhi Assembly elections with a majority, obtaining 67 out of 70 assembly seats
- Kejriwal is a graduate of the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, and worked in the Indian Revenue Service as a Joint Commissioner of the Income Tax Department in New Delhi
- In 2006, Kejriwal was awarded the Ramon Magsaysay Award for Emergent Leadership recognising his involvement in the grassroots movement Parivartan using right-to-information legislation in a campaign against corruption
- The same year, after resigning from the IRS, he donated his Magsaysay award money as a corpus fund to found the Public Cause Research Foundation, a non-governmental organisation (NGO)
- In 2012, he launched the Aam Aadmi Party, and the party won in the 2013 Delhi Legislative Assembly election
- Following the election, he took office as the Chief Minister of Delhi on 28 December 2013
- He resigned 49 days later, on 14 February 2014, stating he did so because of his minority government's inability to pass his proposed anti-corruption legislation due to a lack of support from other political parties
- On 14 February 2015, he was sworn in as Chief Minister for a second term after his party's victory in the Delhi Assembly election
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
Last update: 16 October 2020
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!