- Art is a diverse range of human activities in creating visual, auditory or performing artifacts, expressing the author's imaginative or technical skill, intended to be appreciated for their beauty or emotional power
Art & Fashion Team facts
- In their most general form these activities include the production of works of art, the criticism of art, the study of the history of art, and the aesthetic dissemination of art
- The oldest documented forms of art are visual arts, which include creation of images or objects in fields including painting, sculpture, printmaking, photography, and other visual media
- Architecture is often included as one of the visual arts; however, like the decorative arts, or advertising, it involves the creation of objects where the practical considerations of use are essential—in a way that they usually are not in a painting, for example
- Music, theatre, film, dance, and other performing arts, as well as literature and other media such as interactive media, are included in a broader definition of art or the arts
- Until the 17th century, art referred to any skill or mastery and was not differentiated from crafts or sciences
- In modern usage after the 17th century, where aesthetic considerations are paramount, the fine arts are separated and distinguished from acquired skills in general, such as the decorative or applied arts
- Art may be characterized in terms of mimesis (its representation of reality), expression, communication of emotion, or other qualities
- During the Romantic period, art came to be seen as "a special faculty of the human mind to be classified with religion and science"
- Though the definition of what constitutes art is disputed and has changed over time, general descriptions mention an idea of imaginative or technical skill stemming from human agency and creation
- The nature of art, and related concepts such as creativity and interpretation, are explored in a branch of philosophy known as aesthetics
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Other celebrities: Bild, LidovÃ© noviny, Nuvem & Etc, Brash Books, Author Solutions, Hubert Burda Media, F&H Public Relations GmbH, Time Inc., D&B INTERACTIVE, Luchterhand Literaturverlag