- American singer–songwriter and musician
|Real name:||Aretha Louise Franklin|
Aretha Franklin Height
|How tall is Aretha Franklin?||165 cm / 5 ft 5 in|
|Born:||25 March 1942 Comment |
|How old is Aretha Franklin in 2022? / Age: ||80 years
|Where was Aretha Franklin born?||Memphis, Tennessee, US|
|Nicknames:||The Queen of Soul|
Aretha Franklin Net worth 2022 (estimated)
|How much is Aretha Franklin worth?||$60,000,000 Comment|
|Eyes color:||Dark Brown|
Who is Aretha Franklin? / Facts
- Franklin began her career singing gospel at her father, minister C.L. Franklin's church as a child
- In 1960, at the age of 18, Franklin embarked on a secular career, recording for Columbia Records but only achieving modest success
- Following her signing to Atlantic Records in 1967, Franklin achieved commercial acclaim and success with songs such as "Respect", "(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman" and "Think"
- These hits and more helped her to gain the title The Queen of Soul by the end of the 1960s decade
- Franklin eventually recorded a total of 112 charted singles on Billboard, including 77 Hot 100 entries, 17 top ten pop singles, 100 R&B entries and twenty number-one R&B singles, becoming the most charted female artist in the chart's history
- Franklin also recorded acclaimed albums such as I Never Loved a Man the Way I Love You, Lady Soul, Young, Gifted & Black and Amazing Grace before experiencing problems with her record company by the mid-1970s
- After her father was shot in 1979, Franklin left Atlantic and signed with Arista Records, finding success with her part in the film The Blues Brothers and with the albums Jump to It and Who's Zoomin' Who?
- In 1998, Franklin won international acclaim for singing the opera aria "Nessun dorma", at the Grammys of that year replacing Luciano Pavarotti
- Later that same year, she scored her final Top 40 recording with "A Rose Is Still a Rose"
- Franklin's other popular and well known hits include "Rock Steady", "Something He Can Feel" (from the soundtrack to the 1976 film Sparkle), "Jump to It", "Freeway of Love", "Who's Zoomin' Who", "Sisters Are Doin' It for Themselves", "I Knew You Were Waiting (For Me)" (with George Michael), "It Isn't, It Wasn't, It Ain't Never Gonna Be" (with Whitney Houston) and a remake of The Rolling Stones song "Jumpin' Jack Flash"
- Franklin has won a total of 18 Grammy Awards and is one of the best-selling artists of all time, having sold over 75 million records worldwide
- Franklin has been honored throughout her career including a 1987 induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, in which she became the first female performer to be inducted
- She was inducted to the UK Music Hall of Fame in 2005
- In August 2012, Franklin was inducted into the GMA Gospel Music Hall of Fame
- Franklin is listed in at least two all-time lists on Rolling Stone magazine, including the 100 Greatest Artists of All Time, in which she placed number 9, and the 100 Greatest Singers of All Time in which she placed number 1
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
- Trying to grow up is hurting, you know. You make mistakes. You try to learn from them, and when you don't it hurts even more.
Aretha Franklin Social Media Accounts
Kecalf Cunningham, Ted White Jr., Clarence Franklin, Edward Franklin