- Anthony Newley was an English actor, singer and songwriter
|Born:||24 September 1931 |
|When did Anthony Newley die? / Died||14 April 1999|
|How many years did Anthony Newley live? / Lived||67 years|
Anthony Newley facts
- Newley achieved success as a performer in such diverse fields as rock and roll and stage and screen acting
- As a recording artist he enjoyed a dozen Top 40 entries on the UK Singles Chart between 1959 and 1962, including two number one hits
- With songwriting partner Leslie Bricusse, Newley penned "Feeling Good", which was popularised by Nina Simone and covered by many other popular artists; as well as the title song of 1964 film Goldfinger (along with John Barry)
- Bricusse and Newley received an Academy Award nomination for the film score of Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory (1971)
- The Guinness Book of British Hit Singles & Albums described Newley as "among the most innovative UK acts of the early rock years before moving into musicals and cabaret"
- Newley was inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 1989
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Other celebrities: Melissa & Doug, GermÃ¡n Vargas Lleras, Aurelio NuÃ±o Mayer, Pete Stark, Crazy Machines, Grails (framework), Marvel Super Hero Squad Online, California Highway Patrol, Halo 3, Peter Roskam