- German stateswoman who is the current Chancellor of Germany and the leader of the Christian Democratic Union (CDU)
|Real name:||Angela Dorothea Merkel|
Angela Merkel Height
|How tall is Angela Merkel?||165 cm / 5 ft 5 in|
|Born:||17 July 1954 Comment |
|How old is Angela Merkel in 2021? / Age: ||67 years
|Where was Angela Merkel born?||Hamburg, Germany|
Angela Merkel Net worth 2021 (estimated)
|How much is Angela Merkel worth?||$11,500,000
Who is Angela Merkel? / Facts
- A former research scientist with a doctorate in physical chemistry, Merkel entered politics in the wake of the Revolutions of 1989, and briefly served as a deputy spokesperson for the first democratically-elected East German Government headed by Lothar de Maizière in 1990
- Following German reunification in 1990, Merkel was elected to the Bundestag for Stralsund-Nordvorpommern-Rügen in the state of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, a seat she has held ever since
- Merkel was appointed as the Minister for Women and Youth in the federal government under Chancellor Helmut Kohl in 1991, and became the Minister for the Environment in 1994
- After her party lost the federal election in 1998, Merkel was elected Secretary-General of the CDU before becoming the party's first woman leader two years later in the aftermath of a donations scandal that toppled Wolfgang Schäuble
- Following the 2005 federal election, Merkel was appointed Germany's first woman Chancellor at the head of a grand coalition consisting of the CDU, its Bavarian sister party, the Christian Social Union (CSU), and the Social Democratic Party of Germany (SPD)
- In the 2009 federal election, the CDU obtained the largest share of the vote and Merkel was able to form a coalition government with the support of the Free Democratic Party (FDP)
- At the 2013 federal election, Merkel won a landslide victory with 41.5% of the vote, falling just short of an overall majority, and formed a second grand coalition with the SPD, after the FDP lost all of its representation in the Bundestag
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Whoever decides to dedicate their life to politics knows that earning money isn't the top priority.
The euro is our common fate, and Europe is our common future.
Angela Merkel Social Media Accounts
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
Last update: 31 March 2017
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!