|Born:||17 January 1949 Comment |
|When did Andy Kaufman die? / Died||16 May 1984|
|How many years did Andy Kaufman live? / Lived||35 years|
Andy Kaufman Net worth 2022 (estimated)
|How much is Andy Kaufman worth?||Not disclosed yet. Comment|
Andy Kaufman facts
- "Andy" Kaufman (January 17, 1949 – May 16, 1984) was an American entertainer, actor, writer, and performance artist
- While often referred to as a comedian, Kaufman did not consider himself as such
- He disdained telling jokes and engaging in comedy as it was traditionally understood, referring to himself instead as a "song-and-dance man"
- "I'm not trying to be funny," he once said in a rare introspective interview
- "I just want to play with their heads
- After working in small comedy clubs in the early 1970s, Kaufman first came to the attention of a wider audience in 1975, when he was invited to perform portions of his act on the first season of Saturday Night Live
- His Foreign Man character was the basis of his role as Latka Gravas on the hit television show Taxi, on which he appeared from 1978 until 1983
- During this time, he continued to tour comedy clubs and theaters in a series of unique performance art / comedy shows, sometimes appearing as himself and sometimes as obnoxiously rude lounge singer Tony Clifton
- He was also a frequent guest on sketch comedy and late-night talk shows, particularly Late Night with David Letterman
- In 1982, Kaufman brought his professional wrestling villain act to Letterman's show with a staged encounter with Jerry "The King" Lawler of the Continental Wrestling Association (although the fact that the altercation was planned in advance was not publicly disclosed for over a decade)
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!