- for the Namibian daily newspaper see Allgemeine Zeitung nThe Allgemeine Zeitung was the leading political daily journal in Germany in the first part of the 19th century
Allgemeine Zeitung facts
- It has been widely recognised as the first world class German journal and is a symbol of the German press abroad
- The Allgemeine Zeitung was founded in 1798 by Johann Friedrich Cotta in Tübingen
- The works of Schiller and Goethe were published in its pages
- After 1803, the journal was published in Stuttgart
- From 1807 to 1882, it was published in Augsburg
- Heinrich Heine was a major contributor to the journal
- From 1831 he wrote reports on music and painting and became the newspaper's Parisian correspondent
- He wrote articles on the French way of life but also about Louis-Philippe and German politics
- In 1882, the Allgemeine Zeitung moved to Munich
- The journal stopped publishing on July 29, 1929
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!