- Alain Marie Pascal Prost, OBE, Chevalier de la Légion d'honneur is a French former racing driver
|Born:||24 February 1955 Comment |
|How old is Alain Prost in 2021? / Age: ||66 years
Alain Prost facts
- A four-time Formula One Drivers' Champion, only Sebastian Vettel (four championships), Juan Manuel Fangio (five championships), and Michael Schumacher (seven championships) have equalled or surpassed his number of titles
- From 1987 until 2001 Prost held the record for most Grand Prix victories
- Schumacher surpassed Prost's total of 51 victories at the 2001 Belgian Grand Prix
- In 1999, Prost received the World Sports Awards of the Century in the motor sport category
- Prost discovered karting at the age of 14 during a family holiday
- He progressed through motor sport's junior ranks, winning the French and European Formula Three championships, before joining the McLaren Formula One team in 1980 at the age of 24
- He finished in the points on his Formula One début at the San Martin Autodrome in Buenos Aires, Argentina (where he took his first podium a year later) and took his first race victory at his home Grand Prix in France a year later, driving for the factory Renault team
- During the 1980s and early 1990s, Prost formed a fierce rivalry mainly with Ayrton Senna, but also Nelson Piquet and Nigel Mansell
- In 1986, at the last race of the season, he beat Mansell and Piquet of Williams to the title after Mansell retired late on in the race, and Piquet was pulled in for a late precautionary pit stop
- Senna joined Prost at McLaren in 1988 and the two had a series of controversial clashes, including a collision at the 1989 Japanese Grand Prix that gave Prost his third Drivers' Championship
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!