- Abbot Howard "Abbie" Hoffman was an American political and social activist and anarchist who co-founded the Youth International Party
|Born:||30 November 1936 Comment |
|When did Abbie Hoffman die? / Died||12 April 1989|
|How many years did Abbie Hoffman live? / Lived||52 years|
|Where was Abbie Hoffman born?||Worcester, Massachusetts, US|
Abbie Hoffman Net worth 2022 (estimated)
|How much is Abbie Hoffman worth?||Not disclosed yet. Comment|
Abbie Hoffman facts
- Hoffman was arrested and tried for conspiracy and inciting to riot as a result of his role in protests that led to violent confrontations with police during the 1968 Democratic National Convention, along with Jerry Rubin, David Dellinger, Tom Hayden, Rennie Davis, John Froines, Lee Weiner, and Bobby Seale
- The group was known collectively as the "Chicago Eight"; when Seale's prosecution was separated from the others, they became known as the Chicago Seven
- While the defendants were initially convicted of intent to incite a riot, the verdicts were overturned on appeal
- Hoffman continued his activism into the 1970s, and remains an icon of the anti-war movement and the counterculture era
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
Last update: 17 February 2017
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!